Founded in 1983, Henan University of Urban Construction is a higher education institution located in the metropolis of Pingdingshan (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants), Henan. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Education, Henan Province, Henan University of Urban Construction (HUUC) is a large ( enrollment range: 10,000-14,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Henan University of Urban Construction offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study.
It is the only provincial level university in Henan Province specializing in engineering and characterized by urban construction. HUUC, one of the only two universities in China named with “urban construction”, has constructed a mutually supportive, coordinately developing disciplinary system. HUCC can be traced back to Henan Urban Construction College. In March 2002, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, it became Henan University of Urban Construction.
The university has 16 departments including
- the School of Civil Engineering and Communication
- Transportation Engineering,
- School of Management Engineering,
- School of Municipal and Environment Engineering,
- School of Architecture and Urban Planning,
- School of Energy
- Building Environment Engineering
- School of Survey Engineering
- School of Art Design
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Electrical and Information Engineering,
- School of Chemistry and Material Engineering
- School of Life Science and Engineering
- School of Mathematics & Physics
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Law
- School of International Education
Henan University Of Urban Construction advocates an open mind in running a university, and jointly trains postgraduates with Zhengzhou University, Henan Polytechnic University, Henan Science and Technology University and other colleges and universities of China; besides, HUUC develops cooperation in teaching and research with famous universities of U.S., UK, Germany, Russia, Australia and Malaysia. Since 2011, HUUC has received official approval to deliver articulated programs of undergraduate study with the University of Highlands and Islands (UK), St. Petersburg National Architecture Engineering University (Russia), Linton University (Malaysia). So far 1216 students have been enrolled in theses programs.